Welcome home to this 2019 Windmill home, providing the perfect opportunity to own new construction without the wait just in time for the holidays and new year! 846 South Prairie Drive is a welcoming ranch. The Keystone model features a covered front porch, an open floor plan, main floor laundry and plenty of storage. The full unfinished basement and back yard allows you to move right in and add your own creative touch with endless opportunity! Unlike new construction, appliances and window coverings are included, including washer and dryer. Within walking distance to multiple parks, walking trails and a fishing pond and just minutes away from historic downtown Milliken, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss especially at this PRICE! Contact Meaghan Nicholl at (970) 497-9045 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
Image source: Canva
For many of us, pets play a central role in our home life, so taking into account what is best for them when buying a home is important for both their happiness and that of your entire household.
When looking for homes that are well suited to both you and your furry companion, consider the area surrounding the home. If your pet is an indoor/outdoor animal, it’s important to examine the hustle and bustle of the neighborhood. If your pet spends time outside, a busy neighborhood could be dangerous, and depending on the level of traffic, he or she may need to be on a leash at all times.
How conducive is the neighborhood for taking your pet on walks? If you frequently walk your pet, look for neighborhoods with sidewalks. If your pet enjoys being off-leash, consider prioritizing homes with green belts, parks, trails, or designated off-leash areas nearby. It’s also a good idea to identify where the local emergency pet centers and veterinarian clinics are to insure there is sufficient medical care for your pet in proximity to where you live.
- Size: Is the house big enough? Depending on the type of pet, or breed of animal, space may be the most important factor in picking a pet-friendly home. If you are moving into a bigger space than you were in previously, understand your pet will likely take to the additional room differently. On the flip side, if you are downsizing, be mindful of how it might impact your pet.
- Yard: If you have a pet that spends time outside, it’s important to pay particular attention to the yard. Is it large enough? Does it have a secure fence? Is there easy access between the home and the yard?
- Flooring: Pet-friendly flooring can be tough. Surfaces that can be repaired or refinished when scratched are typically the best options for homes with pets. Sealing additional layers will build up the resistance to damage from paws, claws, and general pet wear and tear.
- Carpet: Cats are notorious for clawing and scratching at carpet, and dogs are infamous for bringing the outdoors in with them. Consider carpeting of a lesser quality in the area where your pets spend most of the time, or search for carpets that are stain-resistant and easy to clean.
- Stairs: Older pets and multileveled homes are at odds. Consider the age of your pet and how active you expect them to be so that you don’t find yourself in a position where you’re having to carry your pet between floors.
When looking at a home, ask whether or not it is a part of a Homeowners Association and what restrictions may apply to the property. For instance, certain HOA developments limit the number and/or type of pets per household.
Most pet owners take the needs of their pets seriously. In fact, in a recent Realtor.com survey, 75 percent of the respondents said they would not accept an otherwise perfect home if it didn’t meet the needs of their pet. When it comes down to it, prioritizing your pet when buying a home not only insures your pet’s well-being, but that of your household, as well.
Former Sage Homes model home at 5702 Shepherd Street at The Preserve in Timnath Ranch in Timnath now for sale. Dramatic floor plan with main floor master and superb craftsman styling. Loaded with luxury finishes & upgrades throughout. Open floorplan with huge vaulted ceilings, built-in cabinetry & hickory floors. Gourmet kitchen and formal dining room with ceiling beams. Study with built-in desk and fireplace right off the entry. Luxury master bath with a phenomenal shower, heated floors & jetted tub. Upstairs you’ll find 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths & a large loft. The finished basement features another bedroom, bathroom with heated floor, kitchenette, spacious rec room and a large workout/flex room. There’s even a cool secret hideout for the kids! Enjoy the over sized 3 car heated garage with built-in storage. The home sits on .31 acres and has a fantastic backyard patio with outdoor cooking area, pergola & fireplace. Wonderful neighborhood with Bethke Elementary, parks, pool, clubhouse & trails. Don’t miss this one! Contact Aaron Pearson at (970) 646-3035 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.